Dr Tong LI
Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer at Bayraktar Lab, Cellular Genetics
I’m a Senior Software Developer with a solid background in the field of image analysis and data science.
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology: During my doctoral research, I focused on high-content image analysis of live fission yeast cells. The core objective was to study the impact of genes in yeast mitosis. This research allowed me to develop a deep understanding of cell biology, mitosis, live imaging and image analysis techniques.
- Sanger Institute: In my postdoc at the Sanger Institute, I expanded my expertise in high-throughput image analysis pipelines. Continuing the same technical path, my work switched to high-throughput whole slide imaging (WSI) data analysis. This research led to the development of an In-Situ Sequencing (ISS) image analysis pipeline for spatial transcriptomics. The outcomes of this work contributed significantly to three high-impact articles.
- My broad interests lie in creating reproducible image analysis pipelines and ensuring FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable) data analysis. This approach enhances the quality of scientific research by providing standardized and high-quality datasets.
I leverage various technologies to achieve my research and development goals. Some of my key tools and languages include:
- Nextflow: A valuable tool for creating scalable and efficient data analysis pipelines.
- Singularity: Utilized for containerization and reproducibility in complex data analysis workflows.
- Python: An essential part of my toolkit for data analysis, image processing, and scripting.
As a Senior Software Developer, my goal is to continue advancing the field of image analysis, making data analysis more accessible, reproducible, and efficient. I am passionate about creating innovative solutions and pushing the boundaries of scientific discovery.