Mike Stratton, Director of the Wellcome Sanger Institute and CEO of the Wellcome Genome Campus has overall responsibility for all activities of Genome Research Limited.
The Director’s Office team provide leadership and ensure delivery in the following areas.
- Overarching GRL strategy and Sanger Institute Science Strategy
- Organisational funding and the quinquennial review process
- Horizon scanning and long term strategic planning
- Academic and commercial strategic partnerships and stakeholder management
- Faculty planning
- Government and Public affairs
- Science Policy, Open Science and Science Culture
- Impact assessment of our work
- Strategic initiatives
- The Associate Director represents the Director and works with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to implement, communicate and deliver the vision and mission of the Institute and Campus
- The Executive Assistant provides strategic counsel and support to the Director in all activities, supports organisational governance and delivers VIP visits
- The Head of Faculty Planning supports the Faculty, manages the Institute Faculty model in the context of the science strategy, co-leads the review process with HR, and manages the Associate Research Programme.
- The Head of Policy identifies policy issues, nationally and internationally, that impact on Sanger science, where our science may feed into broader policy issues, and engages and influences on those issues.
- The Impact and Evaluation Analyst measures the impact of all Genome Research Limited activities on delivering the missions of the Sanger Institute, Connecting Science and the Wellcome Genome Campus.
- The Quinquennial Review Programme Manager leads and oversees the quinquennial review process across the Sanger Institute, Connecting Science and the infrastructure of the Wellcome Genome Campus
The Director’s Office Team can be contacted individually or via email@example.com, 01223 494739
Professor Sir Mike Stratton, FMedSci FRS
Director of the Wellcome Sanger Institute and Chief Executive Officer of the Wellcome Genome Campus
Mike Stratton is the Director of the Wellcome Sanger Institute and Chief Executive Officer of the Wellcome Genome Campus. His primary research interests have been in the genetics of cancer. His early research focused on inherited susceptibility. Mike mapped and identified the major high-risk breast cancer susceptibility gene BRCA2 and subsequently a series of moderate-risk breast cancer and other cancer susceptibility genes.
Previous team members
The following were also members of this team:
|Rachel Curran||Former Associate Director. Currently Head of Administration and Operations at EMBL-EBI|
|Jo Jones||Former Executive Personal Assistant to the Director. Currently Deputy Chief of Staff at the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries|