Nearly all our services rely on FISH, including physical mapping by metaphase-, interphase- and fibre-FISH; karyotyping of cancer and reprogrammed cell lines by Multiplex-FISH, studying the evolutionary chromosome rearrangement by cross-species chromosome painting etc.
Currently we can provide the following FISH services:
1. Physical assigment of BACs, fosmids, transgenes, cDNA clones onto metaphase chromosomes.
2. High-resolution mapping and gap sizing by fibre-FISH with single-molecule DNA fibres and extended chromomatin fibres.
3. Karyotyping by combined M-FISH and inverted DAPI-banding.
4. Validation of structural and copy number variations.
5. Multi-directional chromosome painting
Please submit your requests via: email@example.com
Senior Staff Scientist
I am a molecular cytogeneticist by training but have stayed abreast of the latest developments in the field of molecular biology and genomics throughout my career. I study chromosomes, their structure, inheritance and evolution by fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH) - a technique for detecting and locating specific DNA sequences on metaphase chromosome and interphase nuclei - in combination with conventional cytogenetic banding techiques.