Gary Thorpe, RSciTech
My role is to support Sequencing Operations and wider Scientific Operations teams by introducing Quality Assurance processes, aiding continuous improvement and data reproducibility.
Quality in a Research environment
As part of the Quality team in Scientific Operations, I am proud to support the Sequencing Operations teams by:
- Developing and improving Quality Management processes, such as Management of Quality issues.
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures and process management tools.
- Creating training materials and delivering training workshops and presentations to operational personnel in order to support the introduction of quality processes.
I am passionate about:
- Aiding cross-functional teams in continuous improvement through introducing Quality Concepts and transferring knowledge to Operational personnel.
- Supporting Professional Registration and ongoing professional and personal development.
Applied chemical sciences- Bsc (Hons) – University of Kent
Laboratory Scientist (Chemical Sciences) Level 5 Apprenticeship
Affiliate member - Chartered Quality Institute
Quality Officer - Wellcome Sanger Institute
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Administrator - Anglian Water
Technical Coordinator - Anglian Water
Assistant Scientist - Anglian Water
Apprentice of the Year - College of West Anglia (King's Lynn)
Advanced level Apprenticeship (laboratory/Science Technicians) – College of west Anglia
Registered Science Technician (RSciTech) Status awarded
Laboratory Analyst - Anglian Water
Laboratory Analyst Apprentice - Anglian Water