Administration Network Manager
I work with staff across the Genome Campus to support our community of professional administrators and promote the crucial roles they play in achieving our scientific goals.
I am passionate about:
- Empowering our administrators – making sure they have the right tools and support to deliver their highly efficient professional service to our world-leading scientific research and operations teams.
- Giving our administrators opportunities to grow – identifying training needs, ensuring appropriate development opportunities are on offer, encouraging individuals’ commitment to their continuing personal and professional development.
- Raising the profile of our administrators – helping others to recognise them as a community of diverse, highly-skilled professional staff, and to value the essential contributions they make.
This is a truly collaborative effort. Some of the ways in which we try to achieve these aims is by:
- Organising training and development.
- Inviting inspirational speakers to share their ideas and advice with us.
- Networking with colleagues in similar roles outside of the campus, to share knowledge and good practice.
- Being active members of other other professional networks – Cambridge Network, IAM, The WA-Alliance.
- Funding external accredited courses and conference fees.
- Holding fun networking events, like our annual bring and share lunch in December.
Our Admin Network joined the World Administrators Alliance (WA-Alliance)
Appointed Administration Network Manager, following a review of my role and responsibilities
Joined Sanger as their Administration Network Coordinator, a newly-created role brought in to grow and develop a peer network for admin staff