Genomic Surveillance Unit (GSU)
We are business managers and administrators dedicated to the smooth daily running of the GSU. We pride ourselves on being the first point of contact, providing advice and guidance for a wide range of business needs to the GSU teams.
Our work can largely be subdivided into two broad areas: business management and professional services. Below is an illustrative, but not exhaustive, list of the roles we perform.
GSU business management
- Financial management: cost approvals; financial tracking, reporting, and forecasting; third party funding management; budgetary monitoring and reporting.
- Opportunity tracking and reporting: funding application support for grants and contracts; opportunity governance within the GSU and Sanger Institute.
- Recruitment: recruitment and talent management support; recruitment approval processes.
- HR reporting and tracking: running and monitoring HR reports; management-level reporting.
- Operational support: surveillance service support; project management support; facilitating operational activities in the context of business management.
- Governance and compliance: internal policies, processes, and procedures compliance; operational governance support to delivery teams.
- Risk management: review and advice on risks across the GSU; frequent review of continuous improvement objectives.
- Strategic planning: support on the GSU strategic model and planning.
GSU professional services
- Diary management: calendar management; meeting management; diary scheduling.
- Meetings and events: conferences; team days; GSU events.
- Travel: travel applications; transport and accommodation requirements; visa queries.
- Recruitment: job requisitions; new starter onboarding and inductions.
- Finance: expenses; invoices; ordering of equipment and resources; POs and requisitions.
- Ad hoc support: visitor hospitality; document and file management; mailing lists; general administration queries.