Mouse Resource Portal
Production of strains
The Wellcome Sanger Institute generates mutant mouse strains from the ES cell resources:
- European Conditional Mouse Mutagenesis (EUCOMM) Program
- EUCOMM: Tools for Functional Annotation of the Mouse Genome (EUCOMMTools) Project which includes the production of Cre driver lines (CREATE)
- Knockout Mouse Project (KOMP)
CRISPR technology is also used to generate mutant mouse lines.
Distribution of strains
- Registration of Interest (RoI): Potentially early opportunity to source a new mouse line from the Sanger Institute whilst being actively bred on the shelf for the primary phenotyping if available. Interest may be submitted at Infrafrontier.
Service fee for the supply of the mice.
For general enquiries about sourcing a mouse line please contact email@example.com
Repositories: The mutant mouse lines are archived and deposited for long term distribution and may be sourced from Infrafrontier, KOMP Repository and MMRRC Repository
Phenotyping of strains
Primary phenotyping data for the mutant mouse lines screened is displayed at:
- International Mouse Phenotyping Consortium (IMPC)
- Deciphering the Mechanisms of Developmental Disorders (DMDD)
- Origins of Bone and Cartilage Disease(OBCD)
- Infection and Immunity Immunophenotyping (3i)
For general enquiries about phenotyping please contact MGPEnquiries@sanger.ac.uk
Funding for the production and archiving of mutant mouse lines by the Sanger Institute was provided by:
- Wellcome Trust (grants , ),
- National Institutes of Health (KOMP; awards [UO1-HG004080]; [1-U42RR033192])
- European Commission
- EUMODIC (contract [LSHG-CT-2006-037188])
- EMMAService (grant )
- Infrafrontier-I3 (grant )
- EUCOMMTools (grant ).
If you need help or have any queries, please contact us using the details below.