Our main areas of responsibility is to process deliveries for our customers through Goods In in a timely fashion and to provide portering services to support the scientific community and other service departments.
- Process consumables on behalf of GRL
- Provide inventory held lab consumables for products that are high value, high usage and critical to pipeline teams
- Provide a daily portering service whereby all deliveries and requests for inventory are dropped at their delivery points in line with our same day, next day service level
- To efficiently respond and resolve delivery queries and emails in a timely manner
- To provide excellent customer service and logistical support to our customers
Our opening hours are as follows:
Monday – Thursday 08.00 – 4.30pm
Friday 08.00 – 4.00pm
Check in and delivery information
When making a delivery to the Campus all couriers and supplier drivers must check in at the gatehouse with our Security team. The Security team will direct the courier/driver to the appropriate delivery point on Campus. Sanger Institute (Genome Research) deliveries are to be accepted at Main Stores – Delivery Point 1 but there are some exceptions so it is important for the driver to tell security staff their delivery address on arrival.
All drivers must adhere to the 10mph speed limit on Campus. Any driver not adhering to the speed limit will be warned and failing to comply to the speed limit will be reported to their superiors and may be banned from attending the site.
All drivers should use the marked out lanes on the loading bay as a guideline when backing up to the loading dock. When off loading onto our scissor lift couriers should note that it has a weight restriction of 2500kg.
It is the driver’s responsibility to off-load all freight to the Sanger Institute (Stores staff are not insured or permitted to enter the back of courier/ supplier vehicles).
- Lorries must have a tail lift and contain a pallet truck on board in order to offload the freight onto the loading bay. Any driver without the correct lifting equipment should expect to handball the load off of their vehicle in order for Sanger Institute (Genome Research) to accept it.
- Pallets should not exceed shoulder height (stores personnel must be able to see over the top of the load to safely manoeuvre and break out the load). Stores personnel are at liberty to refuse any pallet exceeding shoulder height.
- Drivers should be aware that side loaders are not advisable as stores do not have the use of a fork lift (the driver should expect to handball the load off of their vehicle in order for the Sanger Institute to accept it).
- Suppliers using articulated vehicles should contact us in advance as site weight restrictions apply and our FM Engineering team will need to schedule your visit and arrange any additional resource and permits to work on site.
Please direct all Sanger Institute (Genome Research) delivery related queries to Stores in the first instance.
We can be contacted by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01223 494829 or 01223 494904
Our on site Security team do not accept deliveries outside of our opening hours or during our Christmas shutdown period.
For 24/7 assistance please call the Security team on 01223 496816
Site weight and height restrictions
- Loading Bay Scissor Lift – Weight restriction 2500kg
- No more than 38 ton over the vehicle axle (>38 ton evoke tunnel propping) – Our engineering team can advise.
- Height restrictions apply in the underground car park (low transit vans no roof rack)