Equality and Diversity
The Wellcome Sanger Institute values the diversity of its employees, students, visitors and collaborators. The diversity of our workforce is of critical importance in drawing together the broad range of skills and experience we depend on to conduct world-class science and support biomedical discovery.
We, therefore, believe that it is in the best interests of the Institute and those that benefit from its work to attract, retain and develop a diverse pool of talent and to provide a working environment that encourages and supports excellent performance from all who work here. We aim to achieve this by:
- Providing equality of opportunity in recruitment, selection, training, promotion and career management;
- The elimination of unlawful discrimination;
- The promotion of diversity and equality;
- Stimulating interest in scientific careers through our Communication and Public Engagement Programme; and
- Developing an Action Plan to provide a framework for further embedding the principles of Equality & Diversity into the work and people of the Institute and monitoring the outcome of this work.