Gene Regulation ▶ Transmutation
This page provides 4 options:
- Mutate random positions in the input sequence.
- Scrambling sequences.
- Reverse sequences.
- Complement sequences.
The input will accept all nucleic acid IUPAC letters.
Scrambled or/and mutated sequences in FASTA format. The scrambling, reversing and complementation is implemented in the order as shown in the header.
Image below is an excerpt of the Results page ( showing 8 nucleotides ). The nucleotides in red are the substituted motifs.
Example of a header:
> sequence2|Mutated_nucleotides - 3|Scrambled - No| Reverse - No | Complemented - Yes
There are 5 DESCRIPTORs.
- This is the header of the sequence
- 3 This is the number of randomly chosen mutated nucleotides.
- No Denotes whether the sequence was scrambled.
- No Denotes whether the sequence was reversed.
- No Denotes whether the sequence was complemented.