What is Hackathon 2018?
The Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences team and the BioData Innovation Centre are hosting a two-day festival style hackathon in search of the next big idea in health.
Who is Hackathon 2018 for?
If you are a postdoc, Ph.D. student, health tech innovator, budding entrepreneur and/or a hackathon enthusiast with a background in genomics, biodata, design, informatics, engineering, medicine, ethics and/or business this event is for you.
What are we hacking?
In a nutshell, we want to create a brighter and healthier future for people all over the world.
This two-day event will provide hackers with an opportunity to creatively and collaboratively address challenges in the sphere of genomes and biodata. You will develop solutions that offer impact while honing your creative, communication and entrepreneurial skills.
The hackathon will be organised around several areas related to the use of genomics and biodata to improve health outcomes...
- How can we use data to find new opportunities to diagnose and treat disease?
- How can we capture and curate biodata more effectively?
- How can patients share their data to benefit society?
- How can artificial intelligence improve the use of biodata in healthcare
Hackers will work in teams alongside mentors and advisors from a range of Cambridge Cluster companies and organisations. These advisors will coach participants through the steps required to turn a novel idea or technology into a successful business.
Outputs from all teams will be presented on day two of the hackathon, with a range of prizes awarded for innovative solutions and outstanding efforts throughout the event.
Why take part?
Benefits for participants include:
- Develop core transferable skills and knowledge for enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Build personal networks of both your peers as well as entrepreneurs and organisations from the wider Cambridge Cluster
- Gain insights into the innovation process and the steps required to transform new ideas into business opportunities
2-3 July, 2018
Wellcome Genome Campus Conference Centre, Hinxton
Be the first to find out about when online registration opens. Email us for updates.
Follow us on Facebook
Don't forget to join the Hackathon 2018 Facebook Group