Innovation and Industry
How the Sanger Institute works with Industry
Our translation team was established in 2011 to help maximise the socioeconomic impact of the Sanger Institute's discoveries. Members of this team specialise in helping to translate science into products and services and the Institute’s research has already produced marketed technologies that have been realised into benefits for patients in a variety of settings.
We seek open dialogue with potential research, clinical and commercial partners, so that we can quickly identify areas of common interest and the most appropriate partnering models. Our collaborative work with partners enables us to:
- Discover and develop information, platform technologies and early- and late-stage products
- Facilitate further biomedical research through the creation and supply of genomic technologies and shared resources
What we offer to industry
- Large scale, high throughput, high-quality research
- Deep knowledge and expertise in a focused field
- Strong culture of academic and commercial collaboration
- BioData Innovation Centre (BIC)- a world-class incubator for genome and biodata companies
- Future vision of building a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship at the Wellcome Genome Campus
To explore how we can work with you, contact us today.
We welcome the opportunity to develop new contacts with interested parties and continually explore how our research can deliver world-class therapies and technologies with commercial and academic partners. We pride ourselves on being flexible and imaginative in adapting our approach to deliver maximum output from every project or relationship.
We welcome all enquiries from industry partners who can help us deliver our mission of translating the Institute's research into health benefits for society as a whole and look forward to hearing from you.
Got a great business idea?
Tell us about it!