A world leader in genome research
The Sanger is a world leader in genome research that delivers insights into human and pathogen biology that change science and medicine through:
- Being an ‘ideas factory’; conceiving new questions to address through genomics and biological science at scale.
- Driving genomics technology development and implementation.
- Innovating genomic data aggregation and analysis.
- Large-scale DNA sequence and phenotype data production from humans, pathogens and cells.
- Addressing scientific questions underpinning health issues of low and middle income countries.
- Training scientists and clinicians in genome sciences.
- Leading global research initiatives with international partners.
- Being at the centre of a collaborative network of science.