Stepping into Management for Supervisors
Wellcome Sanger Institute Scientific Education & Excellence Development (SEED) Scheme: Stepping into Management for Supervisors programme
Designed for supervisors with less than 18 months' supervisory experience, this 1.5-day highly interactive course employs 1-1 coaching and personality psychometrics to help you communicate with, and motivate, your team.
- Designed for: Supervisors with less than 18 months supervisory experience
- Programme length: 1.5 consecutive days
- Features: Interactive; 1-1 coaching; personality psychometric
- Key topics: Roles and responsibilities; management styles; emotional intelligence; delegation; communication; motivation
- Price: £650 - payment by invoice
- Date: 4-5 September 2018
This highly interactive programme has been designed for those just starting out on their management journey. It is ideal for supervisors and focuses on the key skills in getting the best from the team you supervise.
Learning on this programme is supported by personality psychometrics, skills based practice and discussion. This programme will raise awareness of your personality preferences and management style and help you consider the impact it has on others around you. It features some practical skills to enhance your confidence in effectively motivating, supporting and managing others.
Topics covered by the course
The course will cover the following areas of management and leadership:
- Identify the roles & responsibilities of supervisors and managers
- Understand your personality preferences and how it impacts on your management style
- Increase your awareness of emotional intelligence
- Learn the art of effective delegation
- Learn the factors that will enhance team communication
- Understand the different factors affecting employee motivation
This course will be followed up with 1-1 coaching.
To book your place
Please complete the online application form below.
Please contact the Learning and Development team if you have any questions or would like further information.
Call: 01223 496964