Stepping into Management for Managers
Wellcome Sanger Institute Scientific Education & Excellence Development (SEED) Scheme: Stepping into Management for Managers programme
Designed for managers with less than 18 months' management experience, this 2-day highly interactive course employs 1-1 coaching and personality psychometrics to help you nurture and manage a high-performing team.
Designed for: Managers with less than 18 months management experience
Programme length: 2 consecutive days
Features: Interactive; 1-1 coaching; personality psychometric
Key topics: Roles and responsibilities; management styles; emotional intelligence; delegation; communication; motivation; giving feedback; creating high performing teams; managing performance
Price: £995 (plus VAT) - payment by invoice
27-28 June 2019 (open for applications)
This highly interactive programme has been designed for those just starting out on their management journey. It focuses on the key skills in getting the best from the team members you manage.
Learning on this programme is supported by personality psychometrics, skills based practice and discussion. This programme will raise awareness of your personality preferences & management style and help you consider the impact it has on others around you. It features some practical skills to enhance your confidence in effectively motivating, supporting and managing others.
Topics covered by the course
The course will cover the following areas of management and leadership:
- Identify the roles & responsibilities of supervisors and managers
- Understand your personality preferences and how it impacts on your management style
- Increase your awareness of emotional intelligence
- Learn the art of effective delegation
- Learn the factors that will enhance team communication
- Understand the different factors affecting employee motivation
- Recognise how feedback can enhance team trust
- Practice feedback skills
- Tips for how to create a high performing teams
- Develop practical skills for managing the performance of others
This course will be followed up with 1-1 coaching.
To book your place
To book your place, please complete the online application form below. To register your interest in future dates, please email email@example.com.
Please contact the Learning and Development team if you have any questions or would like further information.
Call: 01223 496964