Talented Women's Impact Programme
Wellcome Sanger Institute Scientific Education & Excellence Development (SEED) Scheme: Talented Women's Impact programme
Designed for established female managers with more than 18 months' management experience, this 3-day course held over 5 months provides voice and body language coaching, and 1-1 support to build your visibility and impact, presence and interpersonal skills.
- Designed for: Established female managers with more than 18 months management experience
- Programme length: 3 days over 5 months
- Features: Women only; 1-1 coaching; voice and body language coaching; filming and playback; co-coaching with peers
- Key topics: Unconscious gender bias; communication; building visibility and impact; building authority and presence; building interpersonal skills
- Price: £4,200 - payment by invoice
- Dates: Day 1: 20 June 2018, Day 2: 19 September 2018, Voice and Body Coaching: 19 or 20 September, Day 3: 15 November 2018
This 5-month programme is designed to accelerate the development and promotion of high-potential women. It is suitable for established female managers (those with a minimum of 18 months management experience), including those with no direct line management responsibility, but whom are part of a wider team and who are required to influence and motivate others in their network.
The programme is constructed to empower female leaders to overcome unconscious gender bias, strengthen authority and presence, handle pressure confidently and hone interpersonal and communication skills. Learning on this programme is supported by co-coaching, filming & playback, voice & body language coaching, skills based practice and discussion.
At every stage of the programme relevant data and conceptual frameworks are presented followed by practical exercises to help embed the learning to real life situations. At the end of each session learners will be encouraged to identify personal action points, new behaviours and strategies to try out back in the office.
Topics covered by the course
The course will cover the following areas of management and leadership:
- Women and leadership - unconscious bias, gender difference and why this programme is designed for women
- Managing yourself under pressure - developing emotional intelligence and resilience
- Generating and using your personal leadership brand
- Having difficult conversations (including filmed role-plays)
This course will be followed up with co-coaching, voice and body language coaching, and 1-1 coaching.
To book your place
To book your place, please complete the online application form below.
Please contact the Learning and Development team if you have any questions or would like further information.
Call: 01223 496964
Please complete the form below to apply for a place on one of our Management and Leadership Development Programmes.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Learning and Development Team at HRTraining@sanger.ac.uk.