Open Door Workshop: Oslo, Norway (28th June 2015)
Working with Zebrafish Genome Resources
Odin room, Oslo Congress Centre, Oslo, Norway. Ref: ODW-Oslo
The workshop will take place on Sunday 28th June 2015 in association with the European Zebrafish Meeting 2015 in Oslo. The workshop will run from 09:00 - 16:30 on Sunday 28th June 2015.
Each workshop is broken into modules designed to give a broad overview of a given topic with examples chosen by the trainers. The modular structure consists of a discussion of theory and methods, coverage of software and web resources, and a series of "hands on" worked examples. Time is provided in each session for participants to carry out their own research in the presence of the trainers, and participants are encouraged to bring their own problems (e.g sequence for analysis) with them. All materials used during the workshop series will be available on the Web, in the form of manuals and information. Zebrafish specific examples will be used wherever possible.
This course is limited to 40 participants and will be held in English. Each participant will be required to provide their own wireless enabled laptop for the duration of the course.
The course manual will be made available as a PDF and will be sent out to participants one week prior to the course, and will also be available online during the workshop.
Registration is available through the EZM2015 registration webpage.
There will be a course fee of 555 Norweigan Krone for all participants. The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is a not for profit organisation, therefore the course fee is designed to cover the cost of workshop, including refreshments and lunch.
- Databases and de novo analysis of sequence
- Genome Browsing
- Exploring Sequence Variation and Disease
- Comparative Sequence Analysis
- ZFIN Resources
- 09:00 - 09:10 Introduction
- 09:10 - 09:20 Module 1: Genome Assemblies
- 09:20 - 10:30 Module 2: Manual annotation and de novo analysis of sequence
- 10:30 - 10:45 Coffee break
- 10:45 - 12:15 Module 3: Genome Browsing
- 12:15 - 13:15 Lunch
- 13:15 - 14:15 Module 4: Exploring sequence variation and disease
- 14:15 - 15:15 Module 5: Comparative Sequence Analysis
- 15:15 - 15:30 Coffee break
- 15:30 - 16:30 Module 6: Exploring zebrafish research at ZFIN
The Open Door Workshops were conceived jointly by The Sanger Institute and the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories, and are being developed further by staff at these centres with assistance from staff at the Wellcome Trust and the University of Cambridge.
Any queries should be sent to email@example.com
- Registration form
- Closing date for application is tbc. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
- Notification of places will be given one week after receipt of successful application.
- Full payment will be required within five working days of notification of a place.